clear clear clear clear clear
clear
Movies
   Scoops & News

Satish Kaushik: I should have recorded my phone conversation with Anu Malik



April 15, 2009 12:08:56 PM IST
Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network
Send to Friend

view CELEBS AT FILMMAKER SATISH KAUSHIK

view CELEBS AT FILMMAKER SATISH KAUSHIK'S B'DAY BASH picture gallery


By now, it is known by one and all that Anu Malik is on war with Satish Kaushik over the songs that he composed for the latter's upcoming film TEREE SANG. Since the film maker roped in newcomers Sachin-Jigar for composing songs in the film that originally had music by Anu Malik, the veteran music director is unhappy with the state of affairs. He has not just sent a legal notice to Satish Kaushik but also dissociated himself completely from the film.

Says Satish Kaushik, ''Anu should not be making statements like these. Why he is he forgetting that we have been friends for years? There are certain professional decisions that are made for the betterment of a film but why should that impact our friendship. He should not be distancing himself from the film because eventually I am retaining two of his compositions in the film.''

After most of his songs being scrapped from the film, Anu Malik is adamant though that he won't allow the usage of even a single song of his in TEREE SANG.

''I thought we both had talked it out'', says Satish Kaushik with a shrug, ''Agar mujhe pehle pata hota ki aisa hone waala hai to shaayad mein phone pe sab baat record kar leta. But now since I don't have any proof for that, I am being dragged into court. It's unfair.''

CHECK OUT: Ruslaan Mumtaz's TEREE SANG on 5th June!

Why doesn't he just let go off these two songs now?

''Because they are genuinely good'', says Satish Kaushik, ''I have highest regard for Anu as a professional and a friend. Why should I discount some really good work that he has done for the film. Also, I don't see any legal issue in these songs being used. At the end of the day it is the prerogative of the producer and the director of a film to use or not to use any particular composition. I am surprised at all the negativity which is unnecessarily surrounding my film today.''

Satish Kaushik is extremely hurt after being put into this controversy.

''I have been around for more than two decades but have lived a controversy-free life so far. Something like this has been unprecedented for me and I am just praying that this terrible phase goes away soon. All this is turning out to be a tasteless affair and the sooner I get out of it, the more I would be able to concentrate on the promotion of my film'', concludes Satish.



 
 

 More on Glamsham


- Aishwarya, Alia and 5 other best dressed hotties of the week - News
- Ali Fazal gets third time lucky in Hollywood! - News
- Dwayne Johson defends Priyanka Chopra for BAYWATCH trailer - News
- Good multiplex start for Aditya's BEFIKRE Ranveer-Vaani, DEAR ZINDAGI at 62 crore! - News
- HUMOUR: Shah Rukh to rescue Aditya Chopra & vice versa - News
- KUNG FU YOGA poster: Amyra Dastur strikes mind-blowing Kung Fu pose - News
- OK JAANU second poster all about Aditya-Shraddha's carefree smile - News
- Rahul Bhatt: Aamir Khan put his life on threat for DANGAL - News
- Rajinikanth not to celebrate his birthday for this reason - News
- Sonam, Katrina... 5 worst dressed babes of the week - News
- Angad Bedi - Picture Gallery
- Babe Of The Day - Picture Gallery
- Best Dressed Of The Week - Picture Gallery
- Deepika, Anushka, Yami, Sonam at Ranveer Singh's BEFIKRE screening - Picture Gallery
- Hrithik Roshan, Athiya Shetty, Kanika Kapoor and others at Anandita De's blog launch - Picture Gallery

   News Archives


   Comments

A Fifth Quarter Infomedia Pvt. Ltd. site.