clear clear clear clear clear
clear
Movies
   Scoops & News

Anees Bazmee: Now is the time to face reality



April 25, 2009 5:56:09 PM IST
Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network
Send to Friend

ANEES BAZMEE

ANEES BAZMEE

Post the success of SINGH IS KINNG, ace director Anees Bazmee was rumored to have been offered as much 51 crores for a three film deal by a top corporate house. Though the director of blockbuster hits like NO ENTRY, WELCOME and SINGH IS KINNG hadn't confirmed on the exact figure, he had admitted that he was indeed being approached with big money.

He had stated, ''Yes, there have been huge offers after SINGH IS KIING as well and I am certainly considering a few of them. In any case, temptations like these aren't new to me because ever since NO ENTRY became a superhit, mega bucks have been offered to me. Still, I don't want to rush up on my films and go for quantity while compromising on the quality.''

CHECK OUT: Hurman set to win hearts with IT'S MY LIFE

However, less than a year after the release of SINGH IS KINNG, the industry scenario has changed. So how much of the 'temptation' still exists?

''Of course huge numbers like the ones being quoted earlier would be very unreasonable. In fact during that time when the industry was at its peak, some people were willing to offer even more. But today, situation is different and I fully understand it. Now is the time to face reality'', says Anees Bazmee while being honest enough to state that correction was bound to happen.

CHECK OUT: Salman-Anees to team up once again!

''More than recession affecting the industry, I would say that it is time for some severe correction. Koyi Apna Ghar Jala Ke To Aapko Paise Dega Nahi (No one is going to put his own life on stake just in order to afford you. Everyone in the chain should be making money and for that things had to be brought back under control'', says the film maker.

Talking about his current assignment, IT'S MY LIFE, which stars Harman Baweja, Genelia D'Souza and Nana Patekar, saw its last leg coming to a conclusion in New Delhi last month. The film was earlier being planned for an August release but looking at the stand off between producers and multiplexes, it would most likely see a delayed release now.



 
 

 More on Glamsham


- 50 celebs come together to wish Hema Malini on her biography launch - News
- Did Vaani Kapoor remind us of Katrina Kaif in reboot of 'Ni Main Yaar Manana Ni'? - News
- EXCLUSIVE! Ayushmann Khurrana: My wife Tahira inspires me - News
- Guru Randhawa's reprised 'Ban Ja Rani' song from TUMHARI SULU is here - News
- In Pics: Bollywood and Cricketers come together for Celebrity Clasico match - News
- In pics: Salman, Tamannaah, Kabir and others grace Taurani's pre-Diwali bash - News
- Kartik Aaryan celebrates 2 years of PYAAR KA PUNCHNAMA 2! - News
- KUCH KUCH HOTA HAI completes 19 years, and it makes us realize we are old - News
- OMG! Vicky Kaushal to share screen space with Salman and Big B! - News
- Perfectionist pours perfect words of praise for Gauri Khan designs! - News
- Pics: Big B has the most serene & beautiful 75th birthday with family - News
- Sonam Kapoor on cat fight: Women can work with each other and have a blast - News
- The cute pic of Taimur will wipe away your Monday blues! - News
- The magic of JUDWAA 2 success; Varun Dhawan to be waxed! - News
- Vidya Balan is here to charm you as 'saree wali Bhabhi' - News

   News Archives


   Comments



A Fifth Quarter Infomedia Pvt. Ltd. site.