Bollywood Gyaan: The first public exhibition of motion picture in India
August 17, 2013 10:29:26 AM IST updated May 30, 2014 6:24:22 PM IST By Mansoor Khan, Glamsham Editorial
The first public exhibition of motion picture in India was held on July 7, 1896 at Watson's Hotel, which today is recognized as Esplanade Mansion, located at Kala Ghoda in Mumbai.
LOUIS AND AUGUSTE LUMIERE
France Cinematographer Lumiere Brothers' introduced motion picture technology by six shorts films. The films were shown in 4 daily shows. Times of India, the leading English newspaper carried advertisement to attract people. Maximum admission rate was four annas (25 paisa)!
Lumiere Brothers' were two brothers called Louis and Auguste Lumiere. Their father was Claude-Antoine Lumiere was a photographer and the two brothers assisted him. Later the two brothers developed 'Cinematographe' which gave birth to motion pictures.
Moving on, it's now time for a brand new challenge for you guys.
It's simple. There are five clues. You have to figure whom we are talking about and write your answers in the comments section.
1) This is one of the first multi starrer patriotic movies.
2) Released in early 70's it is a love story set in the backdrop of freedom movement.
3) It has music by Laxmikant Pyarelal and has all hit songs.
4) It has the rare combination of Rajesh Khanna, Shashi Kapoor and Vinod Khanna.
5) It has been directed by the legendary filmmaker Raj Khosla and had the hit song 'Phool Ahista Phenko Phool bade nasook hote hai...'