The much touted and awaited trailer of Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's MIRZYA that introduces two new faces Harshvardhan Kapoor and Saiyami Kher is out. Here are the hits and misses that you would surely experience while watching the trailer:
- Beautiful and picturesque landscapes and locales
- Passionate love story
- Daler Mehndi's haunting voice
- Intriguing plot and poetic narration
- Shankar Ehsaan Loy's soulful music with rustic touch and Gulzar's mesmerizing lyrics
- A rare type of launch for the newcomers with inspiration from the epic folk lore, ‘the legend of Mirza – Sahiban'.
- Confusing storyline
- Despite being hailed as the passionate love story, the lead stars lack the desired intense chemistry.
- Harshvardhan Kapoor's unconventional launch. We hardly get to witness protagonist's heroism (except when Harsh displays his valor with archery)
- Too many back shots and use of horses. Rakeysh focuses mostly on the visuals than presenting his lead stars with a certain panache in the trailer.
While the teaser of MIRZYA was released long back and it had quite raised our expectations, somehow the first trailer fell short. But you never know if the maker of BHAAG MILKHA BHAAG and RANG DE BASANTI, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra has something really interesting in store for us.
May be this was his style of creating an intrigue and hooking the viewers. Perhaps, this is Rakeysh's strategy to keep his lead stars under wraps and let the film as a whole talk about the potential & caliber of newbies when the film releases on October 7.
Let's wait and watch!