clear clear clear clear clear


Was Nargis Fakhri's illness an excuse to quit Bollywood after showdown with Uday? her spokesperson tells the truth

May 13, 2016 6:07:45 PM IST
By Rachana Sheth, Glamsham Editorial
Send to Friend

Just a couple of days back we told you how Nargis Fakhri is going to skip the last leg of AZHAR promotions as she is unwell. While it left us in suspicion if Nargis is miffed or so with AZHAR promotions, some new reports surfaced lately and it was held that Nargis and her long time beau Uday Chopra had an ugly spat to the extent that the duo called-off their marriage. In fact Uday change his mind about wedding and this didn't go down well with Nargis. Disheartened Nargis decided to quit Bollywood and left the country.


However, her spokesperson quashed it as baseless rumours and has a different story to tell. Read on

The spokesperson set the records straight by clearing that after completing her commitments for AZHAR and with the consent and good wishes of the producer of her next film - Sajid Nadiadwala for HOUSEFULL 3, Nargis has taken time off to nurse herself back to health. She will be back as soon as she's fit and has no plans to quit the industry whatsoever.  She is sadly missing HOUSEFULL 3 promotions.

Says her spokesperson, 'Nargis has been extremely overworked working on 3 films simultaneously over the last year. For someone who's used to doing one film at a time, this was quite a bit for Nargis. Schedules and intense work hours that film-making demands is not something everyone can cope with. In addition, she has been unwell right through the AZHAR promotions with multiple injuries - torn hamstring, anterior knee ligament thinning and mild socket dislocation along with burning of the stomach lining due to lead and arsenic poisoning. Due to these multiple issues and her overall exhaustion, she had a fever of about 101 degrees right through her promotions. Even though she was advised complete rest, she ensured she completed everything she had committed to for AZHAR. However, due to her deteriorating condition, she had to request her Sajid sir and bow out of HOUSEFULL 3 promotions to go back home to New York for a month to address all her medical issues and recuperate. '

'She has no plans to leave B-Town and will be back to sets to complete the pending patchwork for her film BANJO June 2nd week onwards with Riteish Deshmukh. In addition, she has already verbally agreed to two other projects for 2017 before she left and will complete the paperwork when she's back. That coupled with her brand commitments that extend over multiple years, is testament of her being here to stay for good,' reveals the spokesperson

Producer Sajid Nadiadwala also says, 'Our priority is Nargis's health. We do hope that she recuperates fast and can be there around the release of the film as she is an integral part of HOUSEFULL 3 team.'

If that is true, we hope Nargis a speedy recovery.

Stay updated with Bollywood on GLAMSHAM.COM's android app.
Click here to INSTALL on your device.




 More on Glamsham

- ADHM release row over, no threat to Karan Johar's film - News
- Akshay Kumar strikes GOLD - News
- Deepika, Katrina and 3 other best dressed babes of the week - News
- Humour: Shaken 'pan' not stirred, Pierce Brosnan beats Salman Khan - News
- Priyanka, Jacqueline... 5 worst dressed babes of the week - News
- Salman Khan is busy with? - News
- Sidharth Malhotra's travel diaries! - News
- Swara EXCLUSIVELY talks about relationships! - News
- Arpita Khan Sharma, Deepshika, Priya Dutt at Sanjay-Manyata's kids Shahraan and Iqra's birthday bash - Picture Gallery
- Babe Of The Day - Picture Gallery
- Best Dressed Of The Week - Picture Gallery
- Daisy Shah snapped at the airport - Picture Gallery
- Genelia Deshmukh snapped at the smartphone launch event - Picture Gallery
- Kalki, Soha, Kunal, Angad and others at MAMI Film Festival 2016 - Day 2 - Picture Gallery
- Parineeti Chopra celebrates her birthday with fans - Picture Gallery

   News Archives

A Fifth Quarter Infomedia Pvt. Ltd. site.