||Swanand Kirkire, Amitabh Bhattacharya and Mayur Puri
||Farhan Akhtar, Vidya Balan and Vir Das
Shaadi Ke Side Effects Movie Preview
By Glamsham Editorial
Pritish Nandy Communications along with Balaji Motion Pictures present SHAADI KE SIDE EFFECTS, an upcoming Bollywood film, set to release on 28th February 2014.
Jointly produced by Shobha Kapoor, Ekta Kapoor, Pritish Nandy and Rangita Pritish Nandy and is directed by Saket Chaudhary, the movie stars Farhan Akhtar, Vidya Balan, Ram Kapoor and Vir Das in the lead roles.
The music of the movie is given by Pritam Chakraborthy while Lyrics are penned by Swanand Kirkire, Amitabh Bhattacharya and Mayur Puri.
With time the intimacy in most marriages falls apart. But not Sid and Trisha's marriage. They just can't keep their hands of each other in spite of being married for years. But Sid has a secret behind this:
When I make a mistake I say sorry... And when my wife makes a mistake I say sorry...
This diffuses conflict in a marriage and prevents the slow death of intimacy. Then Trisha gets accidentally pregnant and expresses her desire to have a child. But Sid is not ready to bear the responsibility of fatherhood. His career as a musician has still not taken off. But in an effort to avoid conflict, he hides his reluctance. And agrees to have the child. This is just the start of issues that have creep in their marriage, Do priorities change, What happens next is the BIG question mark?. The movie is a light hearted comedy with a satire flavor to it. It is a very quirky and a humorous story dealing with a serious issue of decision making and sharing in a married life.
CHECK OUT: Farhan Akhtar sings apology to wife!
Sid is the fun-loving, charismatic, humorous husband paired with Trisha the impulsive, compassionate irritable wife. The concept of the movie is about the effects and side effects of a marriage.
Farhan Akhtar as Siddharth Roy:
- A today's man; modern, urban metrosexual
- Music composer desperate to cut his own album
- Financially independant and secure
- Witty, fun, sexy, good looking
- Discovers that he loves/ wants his freedom and ultimately ends up having an affair with his younger self
- A good person with his heart in the right place but unable to cope with the intricacies of marriage despite trying very hard
- Ultimately finds the right balance in his life
Vidya Balan as Trisha Roy:
- Modern day woman but traditional at heart
- Stable and secure but also sensitive
- Responsible and loving
- One man army
- Loves children, specially her own to a point where the child takes over her entire life leaving little or no time for Sid
- Always stands by her man despite all his shortcomings as a father and a husband and takes up for him even when her family doubts him
- Carefree, wild and tons of fun before marriage and it's responsibilities takes over. Manages to rediscover this side of herself ultimately.
Vir Das as Manav:
- Carefree: Enjoys his bachelor status to the core
- Lives each day as if it's his last
- Loves women, partying and all things wild
- Loves having a good time
- No emotional attachment
- Struggling actor