Upcoming film FOR REAL is produced by JSL Cinema, Claytalk Pictures & Emerging Pictures (USA). Sona Jain is the writer, director and producer of the film. Besides she has also written the lyrics for the songs. FOR REAL, her first feature film venture, was shot in New York and New Delhi.
The film stars Sarita Choudhury (MISSISSIPPI MASALA, KAMA SUTRA, LADY IN THE WATER), Adil Hussain, Sameer Dharmadhikari, Introducing child artists Zoya Hassan & Sriharsh Sharma.
Two-time Grammy Award Winner Ustad Zakir Hussain has scored the music of the film.
FOR REAL is a story of a kid, who witnesses a moment of discord within her family. The ensuing depression evident in her parents causes a chain reaction in the child's mind, making her withdraw into a fantasy world where she believes her real mother has been sent to the Orion Galaxy and 'mother' at home is really an Alien. It explores the story of an unhappy home through the eyes of an imaginative little girl whose only motivation is to see her mother happy.
Awards & Accolades:
1. Asian Festival of First Films, Singapore - Best Producer for Sona Jain
2. Asian Festival of First Films, Singapore - Best Screenplay for Sona Jain
3. Asian Festival of First Films, Singapore - Best Actor for Shriharsh Sharma
4. Asian Festival of First Films, Singapore - Best Actress for Zoya Hassan
5. Ahmedabad International Film Festival - Special Jury Prize for English Fiction
6. In Competition - Pyongyang International Film Festival, North Korea (2010)
7. Official Selection - International Film Festival of India 2009
Six-year old Shruti knows something no one else does. An alien has come in place of her mother and her real mother has been sent to the Orion Galaxy. While the alien looks just like her mother on the outside, Shruti knows she is completely different from her beloved mother on the inside. Shruti turns to her brother for help but he doesn't believe her. Her father, like always, remains wrapped in work and unavailable to her. Unable to accept the Alien in her home and desperate to be with her mother, the lonely child runs away in search of her mother. What follows is a child's passage to finding her real mother, a man's struggle to save his family and a woman's journey to finding herself.