Yash Chopra's JAB TAK HAI JAAN collects 122 cr worldwide in 6 days
November 20, 2012 01:13:46 PM IST
By Glamsham Editorial
Late legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra's Shahrukh Khan-Katrina Kaif-Anushka Sharma starrer JAB TAK HAI JAAN opened worldwide on Diwali, 13th November 2012, to a tremendous response at the box office and has set several collection landmarks ever since. The romantic saga, which released alongside SON OF SARDAAR, has collected 122 cr worldwide in 6 days and still setting the cash registers ringing in.
The all India nett box office collection sums upto Rs. 80.73 Cr. The Daywise collection is as follows:
Tuesday 15.23 Cr
Wednesday 19.54 Cr
Thursday 14.45 Cr
Friday 11.17 Cr
Saturday 10.38 Cr
Sunday 9.96 Cr
It is the highest first day collection ever for any film released on Laxmi Pooja day, even though it did not have a solo release. It is also Shahrukh Khan's highest opening day figure, ahead of both RA.ONE and DON 2, which had solo releases.
While in overseas JAB TAK HAI JAAN has taken the International Box-office by storm. JTHJ recorded some mind boggling figures for the opening day (Tuesday) screenings on a limited overseas release, as the film opened in stages over 14th, 15th, and 16th November.
CHECK OUT: Katrina Kaif gets rave reviews for JAB TAK HAI JAAN
The film has had a tremendous response and the audience reactions have been extremely positive. What has been most touching is that everyone is sitting through the end credits as the film pays a tribute to Yash Chopra, which makes it even more special.
In overseas it collected 41.7 crores gross. The Daywise overseas gross box office collection is as follows:
Tuesday $1.30 Million
Wednesday $1.20 Million
Thursday $1.08 Million
Friday $1.35 Million
Saturday $1.52 Million
Sunday $1.13 Million
Total $ 7.58 Million
This is the highest grossing weekend for any Bollywood film overseas!
Some interesting milestones:
JTHJ continues its run on the World Top 10 Charts over the weekend! A rare achievement for any Bollywood film.
- US - Opened at No. 5 on the US Box Office charts and the highest midweek and weekend grossing Bollywood Film ever
- UK - Opened at No. 4 on the UK Box Office charts and the highest midweek and weekend grossing Bollywood Film ever
- Middle East - No. 1 at the Box Office and the highest midweek and weekend grossing Bollywood Film ever. The fastest ever in the Middle East for an Indian Film to reach the 2 Million figure - in 5 days.
- Australia - Opened at No. 2 on the Australia Box Office charts (limited release) and the highest opening Bollywood Film ever.
- New Zealand - First Bollywood Film to open at No. 1, overtaking all Hollywood Films on Wednesday.
- Germany - Opened at No. 7 on the German BO.
- Pakistan - All time record of highest Opening Day collections for Film ever.
- Singapore - All time record of highest Opening Bollywood Film ever.
US # 8
UK # 5
NZ # 4
AUS # 6
Shahrukh Khan bides his time with ace watch brand!
Shahrukh, Madhuri, Anil, Sonam, Ayushmann, Huma & others at a TV channel party
Shahrukh Khan, Nargis Fakhri, Varun Dhawan grace FanFest 2014
Madhuri, Shahrukh, Nargis, Varun, Ileana & others at Mirchi Music awards 2014
Amitabh, Aamir, SRK, Deepika, Ranveer, Abhishek, Sonam & other Bollywood biggies at a tabloid re-launch party
|more Shahrukh Khan event gallery ...|