New Delhi, Oct 10 (IANSlife) Your hair is as important as your outfit and make-up when you’re getting ready for an occasion. It assumes even more importance and nothing can be left to chance when that occasion is your wedding. Looks Salon Creative Director Deepak Jalhan has styled celebrities like Sonam Kapoor, Sushmita Sen, Lara Dutta, Bipasha Basu, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. He shares tips to plan your hair for your big day.
1. In India, a wedding is a three-four days affair. Plan your hair to complement your outfit for every occasion.
2. You should be comfortable with your hairstylist. Try out a few hair stylists, discuss with them the wedding occasion, your attire and make-up, and the kind of hair that you want with it.
3. Keep the occasion plan (flowsheet) with the pictures ready , so you don’t get overwhelmed, while so many things are going on around you .
4. If it’s a destination wedding, the weather plays a big part on your hairstyle. Let your stylist know so you can pick a look to handle the humidity or any other issues that can impact the hairstyle.
5. Book a hair trial at least 2 to 3 months before the actual events
6. Colour your hair at least a week before the occasion. It makes the hair look its best overall
7. It’s better to first do your makeup, wear your blouse and then do your hair
8. Keep in mind that a getting a hairstyle take 30 minutes to 1-hour minimum
1. Don’t wait till the last day to choose the hair style you want for an occasion
2. Don’t completely depend on your hairstylist agreeing to your opinion. Make a team plan between yourself, your hairstylist and your makeup artist
3. Don’t try anything new at the last moment.
4. Don’t choose a hairstyle or colour that looks good on others, go with what suits you
5. Don’t stress and panic. Trust your hair stylist.
6. Don’t go to sleep with lots of product is in your hair. Rinse your hair before you go to bed
(IANSlife can be contacted at [email protected])