While a few might have expected the 2011 film TANU WEDS MANU to do well, there are a lot of expectations riding on its sequel, TANU WEDS MAMU RETURNS. Since it’s a sequel, there’s always that pressure to be at par, if not better its predecessor. So let’s have a look at 5 things we expect from Aanand L. Rai’s TANU WEDS MANU RETURNS.
1. Two Kanganas better than one: Fresh from the national award she won for QUEEN, everybody’s suddenly looking forward to Kangana Ranaut’s work and TANU WEDS MANU RETURNS is no exception. She’s playing a double role in the film which has got us even more excited.
2. Great chemistry between Kangana & R Madhavan: In TANU WEDS MANU, they weren’t the ‘made for each other’ type couple and that actually helped. We’re expecting a similar chemistry from them in TANU WEDS MANU RETURNS. And this time, we even have two Kanganas which adds to the intrigue.
3. Performances: We’re hoping to see some great performances from all the actors in the film – Kangana Ranaut, Jimmy Shergill, R Madhavan, Swara Bhaskar, Deepak Dobriyal and many others.
4. Great characters: In Aanand L. Rai’s RAANJHANAA & TANU WEDS MANU, most characters (if not all) were well written, irrespective of their role length. Be it Swara Bhaskar, Jimmy Shergill and Deepak Dobriyal in TANU WEDS MANU or Abhay Deol and Swara Bhaskar in RAANJHANAA – they really stood out in the film. Let’s hope to see some interesting characters in TANU WEDS MANU RETURNS as well.
5. Good script & storytelling: Above all, since it’s helmed by Aanand L. Rai, we expect the film to have a good script and story which is narrated well. Let’s hope he doesn’t get bogged down by the expectations and the film is worth the wait.