The CEO of the Central Board Of film Certification (CBFC) Dr. Shravan Kumar has categorically denied the media reports that mentioned CBFC was using the services of a Maulavi and a Pandit in the certification process for DHARAM SANKAT MAIN. The film has been recommended for UA certification after certain modifications.
|DHARAM SANKAT MEIN POSTER|
Here are the facts according to Dr. Kumar: –
1) The application received from M/s Trigno Media Pvt. Ltd./Viacom 18
Motion Pictures on 25.2.2015.
2) E.C ( Examining Committee) was constituted and screening was held on 11.3.2015
3) E.C. recommended grant of UA with excisions/modifications through
a majority opinion of 4:1.
Also Read – Dharam Sankat Mein Movie Preview
4) Chairman accepted the majority decision.
5) Accordingly communication was issued on 20.3.2015.
6) There is a provision in CBFC Rules as per Rule 40 (4) (c) for Chairman
to obtain the expert opinion on subjects depicted in the film such as
relating to defence or foreign relations or any particular
religion or law or medicine or any other subject.
7) No Maulavis or Pandits were called for viewing.
(Rajesh Kumar Singh is Editorial Consultant for Festivals and Markets for BollywoodTrade.com. He is a filmmaker, critic and market analyst)