Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

img
Kevin Hart refuses to apologise for past anti-gay comments

img
img

Comedian Kevin Hart has refused to apologise for his earlier anti-gay comments despite Academy Awards' ultimatum.

In a new Instagram video, Hart, who was tapped to emcee the ceremony earlier this week, says the Academy called him issuing an ultimatum if things were going to proceed as planned, reports variety.com.

"I just got a call from the Academy and that call basically said, ‘Kevin, apologize for your tweets of old or we are going to have to move on and find another host'. I'm talking about the tweets from 2009 and 2010," the 39-year-old comedian said.

"I chose to pass on the apology. The reason why I passed is because I have addressed this several times. This is not the first time this has come up. I have addressed it. I have spoken on it. I have said where the rights and wrongs were."
 

Advertisement
In a previous Instagram video, Hart addressed escalating concerns over a long history of hate speech and derogatory jokes about the LGBTQ community on social media, resurfaced in national news after he was named host of the Oscars on Thursday.
Advertisement

Related Tags

Advertisement